The Rainbow Centre operates a system of open referral where mainly parents or prime carers make direct contact. We also welcome referrals from healthcare professionals.
- The Centre is open to every children/individual/family who may benefit from Conductive Education.
- After the initial enquiry, the children/individual/family will be invited for an initial visit.
- The children/individual/family is encouraged to take part in a free session on their visit.
- A pre-assessment questionnaire will need to be completed:
For a child consent form must be signed to confirm the child is fit to attend and take part in sessions at the Rainbow Centre
For an adult a medical disclaimer form must be signed to confirm that the individual accepts full liability for participating in Conducive Education sessions and has the duty to inform the Rainbow Centre of any relevant changes of general health/condition/medication.
- Adult participants will be requested to complete an application form.
- If the family/individual decide they want the Rainbow Centre’s Conductive Education service, an INITIAL ASSESSMENT/CONSULTATION will have to be undertaken for which there is a fee of £100.00. There is no fee for an adult consultation.
- An assessment/initial consultation report will be provided.
- The conductor will discuss with the family/individual whether conductive education is beneficial based on the assessment/consultation. The conductor’s decision is final.
- Every family’s/individual’s needs will be looked at separately and the conductor will provide what is best after considering the resources and staffing levels available at the Centre.
- After the assessment/initial consultation a confirmation letter will be sent to the family/individual to agree and sign. The family/individual will be notified of their key person.
- If the Centre feels at any time that a child/individual cannot benefit from Conductive Education, the Centre will give three months’ notice in writing to the family/individual before withdrawing the service.
- We do not operate a first come first served basis due to differing abilities and availability in our groups.
- If families/individuals are not prepared to follow the ethos and practices of the Centre, notice may be served.
Block placements also available on request. Please telephone Eniko Kocsis.