The Rainbow Centre for CE offers an outstanding nursery education based on the Early Years Foundation Stage for children between the ages of 3 and 5 years. This service is designed to meet the needs of children with CP and other motor disorders of neurological origin by delivering CE with the flexibility to suit all of the families’ differing needs.
The size of the group is aged on the ages and stages of the children. Group size is varied up to 15. Sessions are led by 1 conductor-Teacher and assisted by further Conductor-Teachers, a CE assistant, volunteers and students according to the needs of the children.
The Nursery group is registered with Ofsted as a full day care provider and received “Outstanding” grade by Ofsted in 2005/2006, 2006.2007 and also 2009/2010.
The session aims to:
- Create a happy and secure environment for the children and parents in order to enjoy learning.
- Help families understand their child’s particular needs.
- Promote independence, social and daily living skills.
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum at appropriate levels within a CE framework based on the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Prepare children for a smooth transition into School.
- Liaise with professionals.
- Support parents in the EHCP process.
As the child develops, their session time builds from 2½ to 5 hours. The day runs from 10.00-3.00. The child’s attendance depends upon age and ability and may be up to 5 days per week. The size of the group may vary. Some children attend daily whilst others attend on a part-time basis.