School Liaison Visits
This service aims to establish and maintain closer relationships with schools and relevant professionals involved in the development of children attending The Rainbow Centre.
The Conductor-Teachers visit schools on a regular basis. During these visits the Conductor-Teacher may meet teachers, learning support assistants and head teachers to share information and experiences. He/she may also observe the child in class, in transfer times, in PE lessons and during self-help activities.
- Establish/maintain good working relationships with all other professionals.
- Promote independence, social and daily living skills in order for the children to become a more active member of the school/wider community.
- Help families to understand their child’s particular needs and challenges, what school life brings to both children and staff.
- Attend annual review meetings and encourage reciprocal visits.
- Promote both physical and cognitive skills enabling children to have better access to the National Curriculum in their school.
- Keep continuous contact with all therapists in order to share experiences and to agree new aims/targets/equipment/changes.
We arrange visits to schools on a regular basis and welcome all professionals involved with the child’s development to observe the child during sessions.