The set fee, per child, attending a session going into 2014-2015 academic year is £23.00.  A session is a maximum of 2 ½ hours.  If a parent specifically requests an individual session, the fee is £33.50, but if the conductor recommends an individual session the fee is £23.00 for an hour. The fee for an adult session is £29.50 for a maximum 2 hour session.  This may be subject to review in the future.

It is a fundamental principle of The Rainbow Centre that no client will be denied Conductive Education due to lack of funds.

Funding through trusts

We can provide information on various trusts that may be able to assist with funding issues.

Funding by the Local Authority

Children in Early Years Education Settings
Privacy Notice – Data Protection Act 1998 – Please CLICK HERE to download a copy of this notice.

Early years funding – age 3 to 5 years

As part of the Government’s commitment to improve early years education, the Local Authority (LA) provides funding for 3 and 4 year olds if they attend and Ofsted-registered setting such as The Rainbow Centre, which is eligible to claim funding on behalf of parents.  The funding covers the LA school year of 38 weeks. Any addition hours above the free 15 hours entitlement will be charged at The Rainbow Centre’s subsidised rate of £23.00 for every 2.5 hour session.

The Rainbow Centre’s Childcare Friendly Offer

The Rainbow Centre is able to offer the Universal 15 hours of Early Years Funding for all 3 to 4 year olds.  Although, The Rainbow Centre is unable to offer the extra 15 hours of Extended Early Years Funding, we can work in partnership with other settings to enable parents to take up the 30 hours initiative to the full extent.

For more information please click HERE

Children’s sessions run from 10.00-15.00, but to ensure that all children’s individual needs are met, there is flexibility offered to all 3 and 4 year olds with start and finish times i.e.








Funding – age 5 years onwards

Certain LAs will continue to offer financial assistance for attendance at The Rainbow Centre for children aged from 5 years onwards.  Again, we are able to provide support through the EHCP process by challenging provision and placement.

Early Years Pupil Premium

The early years pupil premium (EYPP) is additional funding for early years settings to improve the education they provide for disadvantaged 3- and 4-year-olds.
3- and 4-year-olds in state-funded early education will attract EYPP funding if they meet at least 1 of the following criteria:
Their family gets 1 of the following:

  •  Income Support
  •  income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  •  income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  •  support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (provided they’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
  • Working Tax Credit run-on, which is paid for 4 weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
  • Universal Credit
  • they are currently being looked after by a local authority in England or Wales
  •  they have left care in England or Wales through:
    o an adoption
    o a special guardianship order
    o a child arrangement order

Children must receive free early education in order to attract EYPP funding.

Funding by Social Services

Every disabled child is entitled to have their needs assessed and a person centred plan put in place to ensure these needs are met, if found to be sufficiently substantial on assessment.  In our experience a dispute can often arise between families and public bodies as to the level of service and support that should be provided.  In these circumstances it is essential for families to know their rights and to be able to secure the appropriate support for their child.

Local Authorities have a general duty to promote the welfare of children in need in their area ad to enable children to be brought up by their families, by providing a range of support services to the child and his or her family.  The relevant legislation is contained in Part III of the Children Act 1989.  We have considerable experience supporting parents through the assessment process.

Funding by The National Health Service

In exceptional circumstances, where there is a demonstrable health need, it may be possible to attract funding from the NHS.  Once again, we are able to assist you in this process.

Funding from litigation

In certain circumstances, you may be entitled to pursue a clinical negligence or personal injury claim on behalf of a child or adult affected by a brain injury.

Under such a claim it is possible to seek reimbursement of the total unsubsidised cost of attendance at the centre from your opponent.

Frequently, courts will award periodical payments on an annual protected sum requiring highly specialised financial management and advice.

If you would like to pursue this course of action or require more information on this source of funding please discuss this with us.